All the candidates who follow these programmes are students of the NWU and are subjected to the same benefits and responsibilities, economically and otherwise, as students on campus.
These programmes will, however, also by offered at various other theological institutions with which the Faculty of Theology has co-operation agreements. These agreements are also honoured by the Unit for Open Distance Learning.
On the basis of a basic introduction to and overview of Christian Theology, the student should be able to:
- - function in a multicultural and international context;
- - register for Honours BA Theology.
Hons BA (Theology) is an advanced qualification in Christian Theology, which progresses from a first degree in Theology/Biblical Studies or an equivalent qualification. The study can be conducted either full time or part time.
SAQA ID: 49133
On the basis of intermediate advanced teaching and learning in Christian Theology, students should be able to:
- function effectively in facets of the following: valid interpretation and application of the Bible (with tools), ecclesiastical ministry, pastoral counselling, ethical orientation and establishment of values, community development;
- function in a multicultural and international context;
- register for an MA in Theology.