View step by step guide: Here
Step 1: Getting a student number (start at step 2 if you already have one)
- Go to the online application platform (http://studies.nwu.ac.za/studies/how-apply-online)
- Click on New application
- Click on Create new student number and complete all the fields
- When applying for Distance Learning, please select Potchefstroom as the Campus
- You select the study centre of your choice. (E.G Potchefstroom is the Campus but you select Vanderbijlpark under study centre.)
Please note that the allocation of a student number does not mean that you have completed the application process.
Please go through all the steps below to ensure that your application is complete and that it reaches us. Incomplete applications will not be processed by the University.
Step 2: Log in
- When you receive a student number, use that together with the PIN number you created to log in.
Step 3: What do you want to study?
- Complete all the fields I.E. the qualifications, modes of delivery and curricula.
Step 4: Upload supporting documents
In order to consider your application, please upload the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of the Available grade 12 marks (or gr 11 if the gr 12 marks are not available yet), or a copy of your matric certificate - if you have already passed matric.
- Certified Copy of your ID
- Certified copy of the Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Certified copy of Academic record for previous qualifications (if applicable)
- Certified copy of previous qualifications (If applicable).
- Additional documents for international prospective students:
When applyig for ACT and Diploma in Grade R programmes , please submit the following forms in order to complete the application.
Step 5: Submit application
- Please make sure that you press the Submit application
Ready to Start ?